Thursday, June 17, 2010

SOS - Stolen Winter Wardrobe!

Dan:

I'm a girl living in downtown Chicago and, as you can imagine, don't have a ton of closet space. I tried a "spring clean," but simply couldn't part with some of my beloved clothing items.

To try to solve my closet predicament I packed up my winter wardrobe and stored the suitcases in my car. Over the weekend my car was broken into and my entire winter wardrobe was stolen!

I currently purchase Auto and Renter's Insurance. Would any of these policies cover my stolen clothes?!

1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty common question, especially for people living in apartments that don't have a lot of space.

    The quick answer to your question is "YES", there is coverage under a renter's policy for your clothing.

    Renter's policies (and condo and homeowner's as well) have coverage for Personal Property not on the premises. So, if you have stuff in your car, your boyfriend/girlfriend's apartment, a storage facility, etc...there is coverage. The amount of coverage is determined by your policy and can probably be adjusted to suit your needs.

    Thanks for the question.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete