Friday, September 10, 2010

Wear and Tear Not Covered

Prior to entering the insurance industry, I thought insurance covered any and all claims resulting from a loss. Boy was I wrong!

I was scanning the internet this morning and came across the blog linked below by Ryan Hanley of New York. The blog discusses wear and tear not being covered under your Homeowners Policy. I recommend you all take a look at this post as it provides helpful insight on what perils are covered and provides a great example of wear and tear on property.

http://www.ryanhanley.com/2010/09/10/wear-and-tear-is-not-covered/

1 comment:

  1. I was also in the same myth that insurance policy covers all the damages that caused due to any reason. But when one of the part of my car is not working I asked my agent I was surprised to hear that he said no to it by explaining me that the policy only covers damages that are caused due to accidents or by any other unforeseen risks like theft etc.

    ReplyDelete